Track Designer is yet another rcp like track designer.
There are already another free & paid rcp track design applications but I have written this tool becase I don't feel comfortable with them. This is a simple but powerful, quick and robust tool which offers what you need while you are drawing a track design. It's designed for 20" rcp standard tiles and kits. It offers these features:
- Multidocument application. You can have open as many tracks open as your computer can.
- Track size. You can allways change the track width and length. Moreover any row or column may be removed or inserted into the cursor position by using the context menu (right mouse button)
- Pen mode drawing. While mouse button is pressed the current tile will be drawn over de cursor position
- "Intelillent" draw. When you change the drawing direction automatically will be chosen the curve and next straight tile orientation
- Easy to choose tile "pen". You can click on any tile on the right panel. Kits are availables for drawing grouped or tile by tile. Using the "dropped" tool (or alt+click) you can choose any tile on the track itself.
- Easy tile rotation. You can click on any tile to rotate it 90 degrees. You can click on the pen before drawing for rotating it also
- Stock control. From the Edit menu you can add tile count for kits
- Erase mode. The tile under the cursor is erased when the click button is pressed. You can also erase with ctrl+click
- Length measure mode (rules). You can draw free hand path to calculate the estimate track length. The path begins when you click first time and stop when you release the button, if you want to continue or to add straight lines you can press shift and click on the next point of the path
- Select/Move. Click to select a tile, Shift+clik to select many. Once you have the selection you can move it by draggin it over the new position, then release the mouse button
- Exports track image to clipboard and it can be saved to .jpg file